mhvtl-2010-09-23.tgz / mhvtl-0.18-11:
- Potential core dump where SENSE data pointer incorrectly set to NULL
- Positioning to filemark, followed by write failed to remove cached ‘filemark pointer’.
- This caused errors with TSM & HP Dataprotector when writing multiple sequential backups on the same piece of media.
- Many thanks to Nai for testing on TSM
- Many thanks to Philip for testing with HP Dataprotector
- VPD page 0x83 length incorrect (Thanks Gaetan)
- VPD NAA data field incorrect (Thanks Gaetan)
- Remove references to /proc
- Daemons now create their own device nodes, so no external scripts need to be run. (Note: This required assistance from the kernel module – hence the kernel module from this release needs to be compiled and used – Sorry)
- Gentoo ebuild file (Thanks Gaetan)
- RedHat/CentOS kernel module SPEC file (Thanks Dag)
- Use ‘setuidgid’ to start daemons if available instead of specified user account.